Mystique Studios

April 24, 2014, 10:09:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mystique Studios - For all your Gaming Desires!

Home   Forum   Pic Hosting Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ZH Guide] How to install multiple mods  (Read 4082 times)
Zeke
The X General
Administrator
General

on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:50 AM

How to Install Multiple Mods
The Complete Guide for Dummies!

Updated:
7/23/12 - edited the guide a bit to be easier to understand, also added "backup" step
9/13/11 - added Codecat's Mod Launcher link
7/24/11 - added method 3

What exactly is this guide all about?

This guide is for people who want to install multiple mods at the same time, and play them all at the same time without having to constantly install and reinstall.

Don't you just need to download a bunch of mods and install everything?

No, normally ZH can only play one mod at a time. Simply installing everything into zero hour will break the game.

But, I installed all the SWR mods ontop of each other and they all worked!

SWR mods uses launcher. If the mod comes with a launcher they can just be installed ontop of each other. This guide deals with other 'not so n00b friendly' mods.

Why would I want to install anything other than Shockwave?

If your asking yourself that question right now, then this tut is not for you so PISS OFF!!

HOW TO INSTALL MULTIPLE ZH MODS

METHOD 1: COPYING THE ZH FOLDER

- This is the easiest and safest method, but also the most space consuming.
- This method guarantees that your mods don't conflict each other.
- This method is ideal for mods with multiple files.

1. Backup your ZH folder by copying it to any folder. (This will be your clean ZH folder)

NOTE: If you already have mods installed you'll have to make a clean reinstall before backing up your folder.

2. Copy your clean ZH folder to any folder, then rename the copied folder. (This will be your mod's folder)
3. Install a mod to the mod folder.

NOTE: Some mod installers do not allow you to change the install directory. If this is the case, temporarily backup your ZH folder by renaming it, then rename your mod folder to the your default ZH folder name. After the installation is complete, switch the names back.

Only one mod can be installed to a mod folder. If you want to install other mods, you'll have to make another folder for it.

4. Inside the mod folder, find "generals.exe", then make a shortcut of it on your desktop. (This will be your mod's shortcut)
5. To play the mod, double click on the shortcut.

METHOD 2: USING THE "MY DOCUMENTS" MOD SHORTCUT

- This method only works if the mod is packed in A SINGLE ".big" FILE and nothing else.
- It will not work if there is more than 1 ".big" file per mod.

1. Copy the mod ".big" file into your "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder located in "My Documents"
2. Go to your main ZH folder, look for "generals.exe", and make a shortcut of it on your desktop
3. Right click on the shortcut then go to "Properties"
4. at the end of the "Target:" field, type -mod "TheModName.big"

Example:

press apply then ok

5. To play the mod, double click on the shortcut.

METHOD 3: USING MOD MANAGERS

Here is a list of some mod managers you can use. I'm not gonna teach you how to use each one. Instead I'll just post the links here, and you can figure it yourself by going to their respective pages.

Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:23:00 PM by Zeke Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: